The Geant4-DNA project was initiated by Petteri Nieminen at ESA/ESTEC, The Netherlands.
The Geant4-DNA collaboration is managed by a Steering Committee (SC) and Activity representatives are members of the Geant4-DNA Steering Committee. The Geant4-DNA project is coordinated by IN2P3/CNRS since 2008. It is a full activity of the Electromagnetic Physics working group of the Geant4 collaboration. Our collaboration rules have been adopted in 2014 and they are updated every three years.
For the 2023-2026 collaboration cycle, the following collaborators are members of the Geant4-DNA collaboration.
Steering Committee members are
- « Physics » activity : I. Kyriakou, Ioannina U., Greece
- « Chemistry » activity : H. N. Tran, LP2i/IN2P3/CNRS, France
- « Biological damage and repair » activity : Y. Perrot, IRSN, France
- « Applications and G4-Med » activity : S. Guatelli, Wollongong U., Australia
- « Documentation and outreach » activity : D. Sakata, Osaka U., Japan
- « Computing » activity : V. Ivantchenko, CERN & Tomsk U.
- Technical Coordinator : H. N. Tran, LP2i/IN2P3/CNRS, France
- ESA representatives : P. Nieminen and G. Santin, ESA/ESTEC, The Netherlands
- Geant4 representative : V. Ivantchenko, CERN & Tomsk U.
- Geant4-DNA coordination : S. Incerti, LP2i/IN2P3/CNRS, France (spokesperson), D. Sakata, Osaka U., Japan (deputy spokesperson)
The following collaborators are contact point for specific research topics
- AI : K. Chatzipapas, LaTIM/Inserm, France
- Flash irradiation : S. Fattori, LNS/INFN, Italy
The following expert act as scientific advisor
- D. Emfietzoglou, Ioannina U., Greece
Finally, the Geant4-DNA collaboration also acknowledges the support of M. Dingfelder (East Carolina U., USA) and W. Friedland.
We organize Geant4-DNA collaboration meetings :
- 2025 : Catania, Italy (tbc)
- 2024 : Osaka, Japan
- 2023 : Belgrade, Serbia
- 2022 : General activity review (April 1st, LP2i, Bordeaux, France & online)
- 2021 : Ioannina, Greece & online
- 2020 : online only
- 2019 : Athens, Greece
- 2018 : ESA/ESTEC, The Netherlands
- 2017 : IRSN, Fontenay-aux-Roses, France
- 2016 : CRCT/INSERM/Paul Sabatier University, Toulouse, France
- 2015 : CRCT/INSERM/Paul Sabatier University, Toulouse, France
- 2014 : ESA/ESTEC, The Netherlands
- 2013 : CENBG, France
- 2012 : CENBG, France
- 2011 : CENBG, France
- 2010 : CNRS, Ivry-Sur-Seine, France
Job openings are listed at this page.
Follow us on X @ geant4_dna.
ESA/ESTEC, The Netherlands, 2018